Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Snow!

 Last week we were hit with a storm that brought significant snow to our area in Oklahoma. In fact I think it affected a lot of the country. (I'm really terrible due to the fact that I don't watch the news to really know the facts).

For us, we received the most significant amount of snow since February 2011, when Bryce was just over a year old, so this was the first opportunity that Bryce has had to really enjoy the snow. 
 Usually when it snows here, the temperatures are hovering just below the freezing mark so it's usually pretty wet snow. However, with this "storm" came extremely cold temperatures with lows in the single digits and highs in the teens, which made for a very dry snow that did not pack easily. Needless to say, "Build a snowman" remains on Bryce's bucket list. I'm sure we could have made a snowman by piling the snow up and packing it down, rather than rolling around a ball of snow. 

Bundled up and ready to go! Since it was so cold, it seemed to take longer to dress him than the time he would actually spend playing in the snow.
 
Catching snowflakes on his tongue.

One of many snow angels.

Who said he couldn't play on his playset...


...or the trampoline.


Snow angels are extra special while getting kisses from the dog...

...who also LOVED the snow! No kidding!

It didn't matter that we sold the 4-wheeler to get a golf cart...the golf cart did the job just fine!




I was definitely disappointed I didn't get to partake in the sledding activities since it was definitely not good conditions for having an infant outside, but I was able to sneak out and make yet another snow angel with Bryce.



Since it was so cold the snow stuck around for several days (which is not normal for Oklahoma), so Bryce got in many days of sledding.


In the end he was getting tired and decided it was easier just to lay down!



Maybe next time we'll have a Balaclava and goggles that are actually his size. 

And a video...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment