...just a week and a half late. I just cannot seem to get it together. Thankfully, I still have over 2 weeks before I go back to work and hopefully can get some kind of routine down where we're not going to be constantly late to everything we go to!
At least I caught a picture of Blaire (and Bryce) on her actual 1 month "birthday"!
What I didn't catch was her weight at exactly 1 month. Since we don't go back to her doctor until 2 months, I used the baby stats on the Wii Fit Plus game to get her weight like I did for Bryce. I'll share a picture of her Mii character later.
According to it, at 5 weeks old (1 month 5 days) she weighed 10 lbs 1.6 oz. Which is a 3 lb weight gain from her birth weight for my 100% breast milk fed baby. I have to admit I'm pretty proud! Of course after I weighed her she filled her diaper and probably lost a half of a pound though. ; )
Blaire's first month consisted of her first sponge bath, like nearly all babies! Brother is seen below trying to tell her to stop crying...if only it was that easy.
Then when her umbilical cord stump FINALLY fully fell off, (after 3 weeks!), she had her first real bath. Seems she like it a little better than the sponge baths.
Then we started getting awake smiles! This one in particular was a really BIG smile!
What I didn't catch was her weight at exactly 1 month. Since we don't go back to her doctor until 2 months, I used the baby stats on the Wii Fit Plus game to get her weight like I did for Bryce. I'll share a picture of her Mii character later.
According to it, at 5 weeks old (1 month 5 days) she weighed 10 lbs 1.6 oz. Which is a 3 lb weight gain from her birth weight for my 100% breast milk fed baby. I have to admit I'm pretty proud! Of course after I weighed her she filled her diaper and probably lost a half of a pound though. ; )
Blaire's first month consisted of her first sponge bath, like nearly all babies! Brother is seen below trying to tell her to stop crying...if only it was that easy.
Then when her umbilical cord stump FINALLY fully fell off, (after 3 weeks!), she had her first real bath. Seems she like it a little better than the sponge baths.
Then we started getting awake smiles! This one in particular was a really BIG smile!
Just a little over 3 weeks old she grew out of newborn clothes and diapers. Depending on what time you consider the night ends, she will wake one to two times a night. If I was getting up to go to work, I would consider it waking just once per night. Her second waking is usually between 4:30 to 5:30, which would be about the time I'll be getting up to get ready for work. Otherwise she doesn't nap well during the day yet so she keeps me busy for now!
Her second month of like started with a snowstorm coming in that evening. Though she was definitely too young to enjoy it, you can bet her brother did. Which leads me to the next post...


No comments:
Post a Comment