Last week the circus was in town. It wasn't exactly under the big top, but it was under the roof of the fairground pavilion...which sorta resembled a big top. It was definitely a more authentic circus feel than the Barnum & Bailey circus had that we attended at the BOK Center back in June.
Since I'm fortunate to only work a half day on Friday, we took Bryce Friday afternoon hoping it wouldn't be very crowded; and it wasn't. After Bryce woke up from his nap and we told him we were going to the circus. He was super excited and told me that he wanted to ride an elephant.
So we get there early and Bryce immediately became nervous seeing all the clowns. We proceed to where the elephant rides were since there wasn't much of a line and all of the sudden he didn't want to ride an elephant! He wanted to get far away from the clowns. So there we were sitting in out seats waiting 30 minutes for the circus to start.
Don't worry Bryce spent his time keeping tabs on where the clowns were. The Firefighter clown was sitting a few sections over and he knew as soon as he was no longer sitting there!
As the circus went on, Bryce realized the clowns were not going to mess with him and decided at intermission he wanted to ride the elephant. So we, and probably half of the crowd, went down to get in the massive line for the elephant rides.
I'd have to say this experience was less than stellar. The line was insane and the employees were stressed and were taking it out on the kids as they were loading and unloading. I already had my sights set on one guy in particular and decided he wasn't going to grab my child by the arm like he had to every other child. Fortunately when we got up there I noticed another guy that was much kinder and he helped us get on and off the elephant. Here's the most decent picture that Nic took...I have new point and shoot Canon camera and I'm not very happy with it. I guess there was a reason it was only $70,
I'd have to say this experience was less than stellar. The line was insane and the employees were stressed and were taking it out on the kids as they were loading and unloading. I already had my sights set on one guy in particular and decided he wasn't going to grab my child by the arm like he had to every other child. Fortunately when we got up there I noticed another guy that was much kinder and he helped us get on and off the elephant. Here's the most decent picture that Nic took...I have new point and shoot Canon camera and I'm not very happy with it. I guess there was a reason it was only $70,
Of course we enjoyed the second half of the circus as much as the first, maybe more since Bryce was at ease with the clowns at this time. While they were doing motorcycle tricks, I was able to catch an amazing picture of Bryce's excitement (with my phone). I think this best summarized how great of a time we had.


No comments:
Post a Comment