Woo!
The past month has been a whirlwind for me since it has been our busy
season at work! I know I’m definitely ready for a vacation! I’ve
probably thought daily about sitting down at my laptop, pulling pictures
off of my camera and writing a post…but I just haven’t had it in me. In
addition to my professional life, my home life has been just as busy.
Bryce continues to show many of my personality traits, including my
brains ; ), on a regular basis. We’ve finally conquered the counting
stump that the number 4 presented and can count all the way to 13, 14,
or 15…depending on the day. He also can count a little in Spanish and
decided to pull that one out on me one day in Walmart, where we were in
line and he started counting LOUDLY in Spanish.
He can pretty much say his ABC’s in the song format, of course he slurs the L-M-N-O-P into something unrecognizable.
He’s
definitely showing a tad bit of my type A personality. I’ll let this
picture do the introduction for that and anyone that knows me well will
easily see why!
Nic
and I noticed he was REALLY quiet in his room, and as a Mom of a
toddler knows that usually never ends well. So I went in there to see
what he was up to and find he had lined up all of his Hotwheel cars and
they were all facing the same direction and he started to color
coordinate them…of course I think after he got past his favorite colors
he quit!
The
weather has been pretty unpredictable with us getting a good mix of
warm and cool days, but it still seems like winter just won’t let up! So
of course we take advantage of the warms days whether it’s spent
fishing at the lake, playing baseball or blowing bubbles in the back
yard. Either way I love how our TV time has decreased with the longer
and warmer days. Though we do manage to watch at least one episode of
UmiZoomi at bedtime…at least it’s educational!
Of
course lest we not forget that Easter was in the past month. I’ll
admit, that I almost forgot to include it this catch up post. It seems
like it was ages ago yet it was only 2 1/2 weeks ago. The day before
Easter I boiled two dozen eggs for Bryce to color. Since I decided I
wanted more vibrant colors than what the kit tables usually provide, I
used good ol’ food coloring and vinegar. I bought some funny face
stickers for Bryce to further decorate the eggs, but of course he lost
interest after doing just a few. So we were left with pretty plain eggs.
Though there was a threat of some severe weather, Easter ended up having pleasant, sunny weather and were able to enjoy the awesomeness of one of my Aunt’s backyard. For one reason or another (including Nic being on shift…AGAIN!), this year was a little bit smaller family occasion than normal, so Bryce didn’t have much competition when it came time for Easter egg hunting. In fact on the way down there my 14 y/o sister decided she would rather hide than hunt, so that left Bryce with no competition on hunting the 43 eggs we had. He did really good finding most of them, but felt the need to ask if each eggs was his!
My
nephew Kell’s birthday fell on Easter this year so my sister decided to
do his party the week after. This year she also did a swimming party at
the Leapin’ Louie’s Lagoon in the Wyndham hotel, like another party we
recently attended. At first Bryce didn’t want to get in the water, I
think he “fondly” remembered his attempt at drowning at the last party.
He eventually decided he was ready and enjoyed splashing around...while steering clear of the "deeper" end.
We
also managed to have a night out with Elmo…well at least Bryce and I
did. Daddy, lucked out of having to partake in this fun adventure since
he was in the middle of training and needed to study. So we bought an
additional ticket and invited a friend and her Mom to come along. Last
year when we went Bryce was terrified…of course then I had bought floor
seats so we were really close to this action. This year I chose seats in
the raised section farther back from the stage (and much cheaper) and
OF COURSE this was the year he wanted to give Elmo a high five! Geez, I
never know what I’m going to get with this kid! So I’ve been thinking
about trying to plan a trip to Sesame Place. We have some friends that
live in Philly, with a son a little younger than Bryce, and I think it
would be a perfect opportunity to meet up with them and allow Bryce to
get up close and personal with the Sesame Street characters…though he
still is afraid of Cookie Monster for some reason!?!
I'm going to try to post again much sooner than a month from now...



No comments:
Post a Comment