If it weren’t for the pictures I have as evidence, I would think Christmas didn’t even happen since it went by SO fast! Where did my 5 day weekend go?!? This Christmas was bittersweet, as my heart aches for our friends that have lost loved ones throughout the year and how this Christmas will be the first without those loved ones, yet my family was fortunate to have the most complete family gathering that we have had in over 15 years. As usual we had several events leading up to Christmas.
It all started with an evening spent making a Gingerbread House...
Of course we wouldn't be in Oklahoma, if the weather wasn't breaking warm temperature records in December. This warm spell allowed us to go fishing one Sunday!
Christmas just CANNOT occur without an Ugly Sweater Party...
This year, I thought there would be no uglier sweater than a homemade ugly sweater with googly eyes. So I managed to squeeze a little time in to put a couple together for Nic and I. At the last minute we decided to make Nic’s a mid-drift, and I believe that may have the icing on the cake.
Then took a little time to wrap the rest of the presents, with a little supervisor.
Our tree surrounded by all the presents.
Then the following weekend full-on Christmas activities began. Sunday we headed down south to celebrate with my Dad’s side of the family.
That evening we allowed Bryce to open one of his presents, before we sat out cookies and milk for Santa, who once again came and visited us a night early since Daddy was working Christmas Day.
Only my child would set the cookies out with a pile for each color.
Oh wait! We need to make sure these cookies are good enough for Santa to eat!
Look what Santa brought!!!
Wow! Santa ate almost all his cookies!
During the day of Christmas Eve, got to open the rest of his presents from Mommy & Daddy.
Then the evening of Christmas Eve was spent with Nic's side of the family.
The next day, Bryce and I headed over to my Mom's to spend Christmas with my Mom's side of the family.
Almost time for dinner!
Homemade rolls! Yum!
Grandma with her grandkids and great-grandkids!
That's all folks!
New shoes!
Almost time for dinner!
Homemade rolls! Yum!
Grandma with her grandkids and great-grandkids!
That's all folks!

No comments:
Post a Comment