I thought maybe I should do my Thanksgiving post! Nic has been gone hunting all week so I don't feel I've had much time to spare, since I feel like I've been a single Mom this week.
As usual, we headed south to spend Thanksgiving with my Mom's side of the family. The weather was pretty great for being Thanksgiving! I think the temperatures were in the 70's, definitely unlike the typical Thanksgiving weather but you never know what you'll get with this crazy Oklahoma weather!
Food was amazing! Bryce ate a good variety that included turkey, ham, stuffing, green beans, and rolls. After lunch we went outside to enjoy the nice weather.
Cousin Love!!
Just sitting around visiting.
Playing rough with the boy cousins!
We made it a one day trip, while also making a stop at my Grandparents' house where we were able to visit briefly with my Dad's side of the family. Unfortunately we spent every bit of 6 hours in the car on Thanksgiving, but it was worth it to see as much family as we did.
I, unlike many others, DID NOT go shopping Thursday night or get up early for Black Friday. I don't think for the items I'm typically shopping for would have it would have served much in savings. Instead Bryce and I put up the Christmas tree.
It was very excited about getting the tree out of the box...but that was pretty much it! This year he showed very little interest in helping decorate it...which considering I'm a bit of a control freak, I was just find with that!
I even managed to wrap a few presents and get them under the tree! I think the tree is the prettiest when there's presents under it.
Food was amazing! Bryce ate a good variety that included turkey, ham, stuffing, green beans, and rolls. After lunch we went outside to enjoy the nice weather.
Cousin Love!!
Just sitting around visiting.
Playing rough with the boy cousins!
We made it a one day trip, while also making a stop at my Grandparents' house where we were able to visit briefly with my Dad's side of the family. Unfortunately we spent every bit of 6 hours in the car on Thanksgiving, but it was worth it to see as much family as we did.
I, unlike many others, DID NOT go shopping Thursday night or get up early for Black Friday. I don't think for the items I'm typically shopping for would have it would have served much in savings. Instead Bryce and I put up the Christmas tree.
It was very excited about getting the tree out of the box...but that was pretty much it! This year he showed very little interest in helping decorate it...which considering I'm a bit of a control freak, I was just find with that!
I even managed to wrap a few presents and get them under the tree! I think the tree is the prettiest when there's presents under it.

No comments:
Post a Comment