Sunday, May 06, 2012

Just stop and breath...

The past two weekends have been filled with various activities involving: fish fry, cookouts, Kentucky Derby Party, Cinco de Mayo party turned proposal, BBQ festival, funeral and a another trip to the zoo.

Unfortunately we had to attend a funeral recently. A close friend of ours passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago. It has taken a huge emotional toll on Nic, so I've tried my best to be an emotionally supportive wife...which is extremely hard for me since Nic very rarely needs any kind of emotional support.  Unfortunately this man and his wife had began building a house in the Fall. Since Nic does a little painting on his days off in the cooler months, he has painted everything that has needed painting on this house, and still has a little bit left to do...which is what he is doing right now as I type. So he's been extremely involved with the entire construction project. Now that the house is just a couple of weeks away from completion Nic has assumed the part of a contractor and is devoted to getting the house finished as soon as possible so the wife and daughter can move in. As I mentioned earlier it was definitely unexpected, so please keep the wife and daughter in your thoughts and prayers as they begin to heal. 


Since there have been lots of activities, I'm not going to go into detail on each one so I'll just post a few pictures with some commentary. 

Bryce ignored his Sooner roots by sitting in an ugly orange chair next to one of his girlfriends. This boy is so girl crazy!


Both in jammies, but they are both hanging in for the fun!


Another trip to the zoo, this time we had a great view of the sea lion show!

Sitting with yet another girlfriend at the BBQ & Blues festival. 

Taking advantage of the unlimited day pass to the Kid's zone at the BBQ & Blues Festival.

Fearless as usual!

My sister and I in our hats at my Mom's annual Kentucky Derby Party.

 Congratulations to my best friend and her now fiance! She was definitely surprised!

The next month will consist of finals, vacation with a toddler (if you can count that as a vacation), another adult's only weekend in Broken Bow, baby shower for a great friend, and sneaking down to the lake whenever we can...oh and of course work...no wonder I'm exhausted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment