Oh how often easily I forget how much I love fall. However, usually it seems once fall comes around, then winter comes around and at that point I'm just desperate for longer 'days' and warmer weather! We usually joke that in Oklahoma there are only two seasons, winter and summer, since our springs and falls seem to get cut short.
There are just so many great things that fall brings with it: perfect weather, birthdays, college football (Go Sooners!), nostalgic memories of anticipating the birth of my baby boy, last year it brought a new career for me (that I love!), and of course we can't forget the Tulsa State Fair.
I don't know what's really so great about the fair, parking is terrible, anything you buy is expensive, and then everywhere you go there are crowds; regardless I love going!
As planned Nic and I took Bryce on the Sunday of the opening weekend...which was a BIG mistake! I think it took us nearly an hour to park and even then we had to park in a neighborhood several blocks back. So right out of the shoot we were grumpy and stressed. Once inside though I bought a corn dog for Bryce and I to share, however he was too busy people watching to eat. I did save a little bit of it for him and he eventually ate it. With the crowds it was extremely difficult to maneuver the stroller, but we managed to make it over to the Petting Zoo, where yet again the crowds were so ridiculous that Bryce and I couldn't hardly get close enough to see the animals, much less touch them. After eating a few other items, Nic and I decided we had enough of fighting the crowds and headed home.
So feeling we really missed out, I decided that Bryce and I would go back Friday afternoon. I'm fortunate that my work offers flex-hours so I work a little bit longer days Monday through Thursday then I only work until noon on Friday. Since my Mom, who normally keeps Bryce on Fridays, headed down to Texas for the Red River Rivalry I asked my sister if she would keep Bryce and go to the fair that afternoon with us. She was happy to help out.
So shortly after noon my sister and her crew, along with our friend Kristi and her daughter met me up there and we attempted round two!
Needless to say it was a much better experience, but unfortunately Bryce was too small to ride on anything other than the carousel and bounce in the small bounce house. I guess there's always next year to look forward to!
So shortly after noon my sister and her crew, along with our friend Kristi and her daughter met me up there and we attempted round two!
Needless to say it was a much better experience, but unfortunately Bryce was too small to ride on anything other than the carousel and bounce in the small bounce house. I guess there's always next year to look forward to!

No comments:
Post a Comment