Friday, September 30, 2011

The beginning of the Terrible Two's...

So it's been a busy month...as they all seem to be. I'm trucking right along though. Last weekend I was a bridesmaid in one of my good friend's wedding, therefore the past two weekends involved wedding festivities. 

First the Bachelorette Party in Bricktown...which had two bachelorettes!


Then this past weekend was the wedding and all that's involved with that. 

The bridesmaids.

Nic and the bride.

Needless to say I haven't gotten to spend as much time as I would have liked with my little man. So hopefully I can make up for it despite attending a wedding this weekend as well, BUT as a guest instead of a bridesmaid.  Then the State Fair began today, so we're planning on taking Bryce Sunday afternoon so that he can indulge in all the deep fried goodness that we can find!

Oh Bryce...what can I say?!? He's become quite ornery! We tend to have the same conversations over and over: 

Where's Nic?
Where's Fara?
Where's Nay (Granny)?
Where's Mamo?
Where's Papa?
Where's cow?
Where's horse?

If he doesn't like my answer he will say "No!" and start to whine. 

Then many times he will ask me: "Why?"

Sometimes I give him varying responses, but sometimes I say "Because I said so." He will then repeat "Said so!"


After being such a great shopper, he has became a terrible shopper. He tries to grab anything he can get his hands on from the stroller, then yells to get out of it. If I do by chance let him out, he immediately takes off.  I regret to say that I have invested in one of those backpack leashes. When we were checking out at Target with it a few weeks back, a lady behind me said that when she had her girls she would look at people using those things with their children and she told herself she would never use it...then she had a boy! LOL! 



In addition to a terrible shopper, he has forgotten how much he loves his veggies. He loves to eat the meat off of his plate, and I mean EVERY LAST BITE, however most meals he will completely ignore his veggies. So we'll keep trying because I know one day he will remember he likes them! Thankfully he absolutely loves fruit, right now his favorite is grapes.

We've been coloring a little bit. After getting the idea from another blog, I bought him a blank sketch pad to color, no need in trying to get him to stay within the lines just yet. Though I didn't expect him to be able to stay within the lines, I did expect him to be able to stay on the large piece of paper!


All I can say is thank goodness for washable crayons. He did come across some markers and needless to say those quickly disappears in the trash can!



And to wrap it up. There is photographer that frequents the fire station, and he's been after Nic to take some pictures of our family. Despite the fact that I have already scheduled a photographer for family pictures and Bryce's 2 year old pictures at the end of October, we went ahead and agreed to take some with this guy on Sunday evening since it was pretty cheap. Unfortunately we had too much going on all weekend and Bryce did not get a good nap Sunday, so he was terrible!! My child that smiles 95% of the time would not smile, muchless let go of me.  

Therefore I say this is a picture of the start of the terrible two's!


Hopefully the pictures we take in a month or so turn out better!




No comments:

Post a Comment