Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another Pumpkin Patch post...

As you can see I'm trying to do a little catching up. These days it seems it's unusual to have two posts in one month, much less two posts in less than a week!

A couple weekends ago, my friend Amy and I decided to take our kids to the local "pumpkin patch". In fact this is the same "pumpkin patch" where I had one of my first jobs  stuffing scare crows until I couldn't breath due to the hay dust. 

 Every fall the owner would go to an exotic animal show out of state and bring home some new animals. The animals that I remember most vividly are the camels, goats, zebra, and capybaras. You'll have to look that one up!  At that time the "pumpkin patch" wasn't quite what it has become over the past years. Today they open a seasonal location for their "pumpkin patch" and they still have lots of animals, just no capybaras any longer!

It's not really a true pumpkin patch as the pumpkins are already picked and are just placed in huge piles for the kids to climb all over. Bryce figured it out real quick.  



Feeding the goats.


Our first pony ride. At first he didn't want to get on the pony, but once he finally did I couldn't get him off! Every once in a while he would lean forward and pet "his" pony...it was sweet!


More goats...they are the most social.

Our finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment