Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The Easter post...a week late.

Thank goodness finals are this week, then maybe I can get caught up on a few things that have been neglected... like my precious blog, some housecleaning, and maybe a little baking...like some yummy snickerdoodle cookies!

This year it was a rainy Easter, so much so that we went from drought conditions to flooding!



Since Good Friday is one of our many Holidays at work, we headed down to the lake Thursday evening. When we got there, the Easter Bunny had delivered Bryce an early present. Since it couldn't fit in his Easter basket he thought we could go ahead and break it in at the lake.


Bryce got his very own 4-Wheeler! With a little practice he can now make it go all by himself. However, he just doesn't get the concept of turning it and watching where he goes.

Despite it being rainy on Thursday, it was a GORGEOUS Friday! We spent a little time on the dock fishing. 


Unfortunately Bryce isn't really keen on staying on the dock for an extended length of time, but I was able to catch a couple of fish including this nice crappie!


As I watch Bryce this year, it's hard to remember how helpless, dependant and immobile he was last year. It's a good thing this child LOVES to be outdoors. He even tries to help Daddy with the firewood.




Nic worked Easter Sunday so we had to come back home Saturday. Since it was raining we ended up coming home pretty early. Sunday morning the Easter Bunny delivered the rest of Bryce's Easter Basket. Since he had plenty of toys he received some candy filled eggs and a few books.



Later that morning we headed down to Norman to spend the afternoon with my Mom's side of the family. Since it was raining, thundering and lightening any Easter egg hunting was not going to happen. The kids still managed to enjoy themselves.




In watching Bryce interact with everyone, I can't help but realize how extremely lucky he is to have so many people that love him. Also he is lucky to have the opportunity to get to know all but one of his Great-Grandparents. When we are all together I try to get pictures of him with them since I don't have pictures with mine...which I believe is due to my great-grandparents not being alive when I was born, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I guess that's something I'll have to ask my Mom.

Below is Bryce grabbing my Grandpappy's feet. Also in this picture is my Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment