Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The first zoo trip.

The weather has been so up and down lately...which if you're from Oklahoma you'd come to expect it but we never get used to it.

A week ago on Saturday we managed to catch a perfect day to take Bryce and one of his little girlfriends on a chaperoned date for their first trip to the zoo. Since our wagon was at the lake we loaded up with Kenzie, her Mom Kristi and Kenzie's spacious wagon to enjoy a nice morning at the zoo before another cold front came through.


Our first stop once inside the zoo was to see some distant relatives. Daddy says it's Mommy's side of the family, but Mommy says it's Daddy's. Eitherway, there was a young chimp rolling around, playing and having a great time. I wish I would have caught him on video.



We made our way around, past the camel rides over to the children's zoo where Bryce and Kenzie were able to interact with some goats. Naturally Bryce called every animal a dog.




One of my favorite animals is the Kangaroo.



Then there are the cute little meerkats!



Bryce tried to get up close and personal with the penguins. I couldn't help but think of the movie "Happy Feet".



Then we have the King of the Jungle, who we could hear roaring from the parking lot. Of course he was quiet when we got around to see him.



Enjoying a snack as we pass the bears.



We decided to give the Mommy's a rest from pulling the wagon and took the train around the zoo.



One of the elephants has been at the zoo since the fifties. It's amazing to me that an animal can live that long and much longer.



The flamingos always bring great color to the zoo. Apparently the construction vehicles in the back ground do as well!





Later in the morning the sun decided to make an appearance. Even though Mommy forgot to grab her own sunglasses, she didn't forget to grab Bryce's.





The lonely giraffe.


I thought this was a cute picture of the rhinoceroses...if you can call anything about them cute!




And that concluded Bryce's first trip to the zoo. I was a little disappointed that a few exhibits were closed for construction, but I guess for improvements to be made they have to go through some phases of construction.

After we loaded back up in the car, we caught Bryce and Kenzie holding hands!! We thought it was so cute! I think I have a picture of them when they were very young and they were holding hands then too.



Then just a few miles down the road they crashed!



All in all, it was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment