Friday, March 25, 2011

So yea, it's been a while...

I just CANNOT seem to get a grasp on fitting in a little time to blog.


Yet my baby boy keeps on growing from a baby into a toddler!

Bryce has had 5 teeth come in the past month. We've now got top and bottom molars and 7 out of 8 front teeth (a total of 11) and the last of the 8 just about to break through.  But I don't dare stick my finger in to feel for it as he likes to chomp down on it. That's one I'll just have to watch for real good.

He's been doing really great about sleeping all night in his crib, so we felt it was probably time to give up the pacifier. Wednesday night I cut off a little bit of tip of a pacifier so hopefully it help him lose interest in it. The first night I gave in and let him have an uncut binky to sleep with. Last night I did not give him and left him to sleep with the cut binky. Needless to say it was a rough night for everyone in the house. He's also been EXTREMELY cranky this afternoon. Hopefully tonight will go much better. At least he fell asleep peacefully without a pacifier, however I had to rock him instead of him just laying in his crib and falling asleep. But for now we'll do what we have to do to break this habit.

Other notable news...

We have graduated from the ducky tub to where Bryce is now taking baths directly in the bathtub. If I ask him if he wants to take a bath, he goes straight to the bathroom and starts trying to climb in the tubs with clothes on and all. He seems to enjoy the extra space to move and splash around.



He continues to be a fabulous eater, he even loves a little sushi...and Momma's chop sticks!



He's finally growing out of 12 months clothes and fitting nicely in the 18 months. Of course we don't have many long sleeve 18 months shirts, so we're stretching the 12 months as long as we can. As much as I would love to buy a bunch of winter clothes on clearance, I'm afraid to because I have no idea if he'll still be in 18 months come winter time or if he will actually be in 24 months or 2T...so we'll just have to skip out on any sales.

Some of the cute things he's picking up from our habits. He knows very well how to blow his nose. He is my little towel boy. He knows when I'm finished with my shower and he will open the door and hand me my towel! It's just amazing the things they pickup on and I'm sure I'm going to continue to be amazed, especially when I hear things come out of this mouth!

Speaking of speaking...he still have a very limited vocabulary, but some new favorite words of his are dog, ball, bye, and a bunch of words that must be some kind of foreign language. I'm hoping with the binky out of his mouth, he will start to say many more.

As spring arrives it comes time to get the garden ready for home-grown tomatoes and onions. We've been spending many evenings outside in the garden. Of course Bryce loves to be outside so I'm sure he will be a big help this year.



Of course we all know that following spring comes summer which means lake time!!!!

This past weekend we took our boat down to put in the dock for the season. I was anxious to get Bryce's life jacket on him, first for safety and second to see if he would tolerate it better than he did last year. Fortunately he didn't seem to mind it much.



No comments:

Post a Comment