WOW! Has this month flown by or what?!? Since my last post we spent two weeks with snow on the ground, which is HIGHLY unusualy for Oklahoma. Bryce started getting another bottom tooth the weekend following my last post. Now he's about to have two more top teeth break through, to make a total of 9. He's continued to want to eat everything we eat, including sushi!
On Friday Bryce had his 15 month check-up...thankfully no shots were required. Just a some stats to share, his head measured 49 cm which is in the 91 percentile!! His length was 30.5" (29%) and weight was 23 lb 13 oz ( 40%). Yes, he can still fit in some 12 months clothes. He's no longer has to drink whole milk, which is great since I'm tired of buying 2 different gallons of milk, he can just drink what we drink now.
This is the "I'm going to do something I'm not supposed to do" look, like hit you with the end of this stick horse!
In addition to normal everyday life it's been a busy month, with all the events leading up to my sister's wedding and the wedding itself. I was the Maid of Honor so it has consumed every bit of free time I've had. We had her bachelorette party last weekend at the Hard Rock Casino of Tulsa (which is actually in Catoosa).
The area is quite familiar to me...or was at one time before the Hard Rock Casino took over. Regardless I always experience a little bit of nostalgia when in that area and remember exactly how it was. My Grandpapy and Memaw for as long as I could remember had lived in a 5th wheel in the KOA. We would spend lots of time in the summer and usually a week during Christmas break staying with them up until we moved to Tulsa in 1994, then we spent many summer days swimming in the pool at the KOA.
Unforunately as of a few years ago the KOA is no longer there. : ( Any evidence that it was there is nonexistant so much so that it's hard to even imagine where the KOA was as it looks so different. Then you factor in the major expansion that were done to the Cherokee Casino to make it into the Hard Rock...
Oh well I'll always have my memories of the way it was, and in my 30 years change has always been a constant...especially when it involves your child.
So back to the bachelorette party...we booked a couple of rooms, of course the room that the Bride was staying in was a small suite. We had planned to have dinner at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill. I had called to see if they would let us make a reservation for our party of 12, but they would not. So I get there a little early to get our name on the list and they tell me it's going to be a THREE HOUR WAIT!! That just was not acceptable so we had to choose an alternative restuarnant which ended up being the Italian Restaurant, which after they told me it would just be an hour wait, it ended up being two. Thankfully we did get to sit down and eat, even if they had to put us at two tables.
Here's just half of the crew.
From there we had a VIP table the Friction Night Club in the casino, where we danced the night away.
The biggest significance of this night was that it was the first night I spent away from Bryce. Since Nic had to work early the next morning, Bryce stayed the night at his Mamo's and Papa's along with his cousins. We both survived!
This past weekend was the wedding. We started the weekend out with most of the bridesmaids and of course the Bride getting manicures and pedicures on Friday afternoon.
The next morning we were up bright and early. I was tracking down some greenery to make arrangements and the bouquets. It was my Mom's bright idea to do it ourselves. Thankfully one of the bridesmaid's mother also helped, otherwise it all would not have gotten finished.
It was a day full forgetfulness. My little sister's dress and shoes were forgotten, the plates for the reception were forgotten, and my mom took out her carseat forgetting that she would be taking Bryce home that night.
The one thing that could have turned into a disaster was the zipper busting on one of the Bridesmaid's dress. We didn't have time to replace the zipper since our pictures were in about 10 minutes, so thankfully someone had a sewing kit and we literally had to sew her dress on!
All in all the ceremony itself went off without a hitch, I didn't pass out and all the vows were said correctly.
Then to the afterparty...uh I mean the rehearsal. But before the rehearsal there was a little pre-party on the party bus!
Then we made it, and I was forced to do a speech, which was short and sweet...but no tears as everyone thought there would be.
Bryce was in a "I want my Mommy, so nobody else touch me" mood, as evidenced by him trying to push his Daddy away.
Then I dressed Bryce in his jammies, before he went home with Granny (in the car seat out of my car) for our second night apart. BUT before they left he and I took a picture in the photo booth. You'll have to ignore the pink pacifier, he found it at my Mom's and it's become his favorite.
The wedding is over and my sister is happily married. So now hopefully things will settle back down to normal.




No comments:
Post a Comment