Wednesday, February 02, 2011

An Oklahoma Blizzard

All I know is that darn groundhog better NOT have seen his shadow!!

I know there are many areas in the country that are used to blizzards, but here in Oklahoma we are not one of those areas. Yesterday we had a record breaking snow fall with measurements ranging from 10 to 20+ inches. I know in my short 30 years its the most snow I have ever seen...or atleast recall seeing. Also tonight I believe we are going to have a record low in the negatives.

One of my facebook friends posted this picture and it couldn't be more true!

My office has been closed for two days, my college had been closed for two days, and schools are out for who knows how long. Yesterday we had the unfortunate luck of our electricity going out. Knowing it was going to get really cold in our house real quick, we packed up and headed to my Mom's, even with Nic's 4 Wheel Drive truck we got stuck at the entrance of our neighborhood and struggled in other areas. Fortunately our electricity wasn't out for long so we made the decision to head home...there's just something about sleeping in my own bed!



Beside gas stations and Walmart nothing was open, it was like a ghost town. I couldn't believe all the vehicles I saw stuck, I can't imagine what some of those drivers were thinking to even attempt it in their Toyota Camrys and Honda Accords, I wouldn't have even tried it in my Pathfinder. Even if I wanted to I couldn't get it out of our driveway. It's buried!




We get a weekend in the middle of the week, however the best thing is that I was supposed to have a test last night so I now have another week to study...and with such a horrible teacher I'm sure I needed it.

So there is a major case of cabin fever in my household. After having a warm weekend where we were able to spend a little time outside, we're now cooped up in the house. I did bundle Bryce up and briefly take him outside.





He wasn't sure if he liked it or not. He definitely didn't like his sunglasses on and maybe didn't like the three layers of clothes he had on either!

Since I've had a little extra free time, I thought I'd get a post done. I hope everyone stays warm and safe, because I know we're not the only ones that are dealing with the brunt of this storm!

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot that today was groundhog day! I can't believe I missed it on TV :(
    I'm hoping for spring soon, too. I think we've all been blasted with snow storms enough this year (and last).

    ReplyDelete