Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today marks 8 years of marriage to my wonderful husband. My husband surprised me with a GORGEOUS bouquet a flowers that were delivered to my office. I even blushed when I received the call from the front desk stating that I had a delivery.

Well I was going to share a picture, but my computer doesn't want to read my SD card so I'll try to add it another time.

Who knew how much things would change in 8 years, with the biggest change just occuring in the last couple of years. If anyone says marriage is easy, that's definitely not the truth! The truth as all of us know is that it's not easy...at times it can seem impossible.

We've both changed a lot as individuals and as a couple, especially with parenthood. Nic has become a phenomenal husband and father. He always tells me he just tries to do his part, but the truth is he does way more than his part including a lot of mine. My job now is in downtown, which isn't too bad of drive directly from our house because it's all highway. However 4 days of the week Bryce stays at my Mom's which is on the completely different side of Tulsa including lots of stop signs and the worst two highways in Tulsa. On those mornings/afternoons my one-way commute time is right at an hour. The best way Nic has began to help me is to take Bryce anytime that he can, and/or pick him up, which splits my commute time in half. He also continues to do a big part of the housework. Sometimes I wonder how did I get so lucky! I just have to remember to show him how much I appreciate him. When I'm finished with school I plan to take some of these chores back from him.

In our time together we have been through a lot, gone many places, met many new friends, and learned lots of new things. Here's to many more years together...and maybe another baby at some point!

So to avoid having a completely pictureless post I will add this photo of my nephew and Bryce. It's not a great photo as it was taken with an iPhone but I think it's pretty funny...just ignore the chocolate on both of their faces!


No comments:

Post a Comment