Hopefully I can get back in the routine of this blog thing again. I just cannot get a handle of time and make it slow down because it is going by WAY TOO FAST! Here we are midway through January and I feel like Christmas was just last week.
I had every intention of posting on the 4th and I knew exactly what I was going to write since it was the 1 year anniversary since I returned to work after Bryce was born. Also we had just completed a full calendar year of Bryce's life which when we look back on 2010 it's always going to be a year of most of his great firsts. But 11 days after the fact won't have the same effect.
Not only can I blame Bryce for keep me busy, but my new job...well now that I'm 10 days shy of being there 90 days I guess we can just call it a my job...anyways, my job keeps me busy from the time I sit down at my desk in the morning until I've worked my 8 1/2 hours (6 on Fridays). I truly enjoy it and I love that I do stay extremely busy. Now if only finishing my degree would seem to fly by as fast.
Since the beginning of the year Bryce has started a few new things to help make 2011 memorable.
To begin with a first, Bryce got his first black eye Monday the 3rd! He's become quite the dare devil and likes to test the limits. He was trying to slide down his slide on his feet, he'd creep to the edge and then sometimes he wouldn't fall then a few times he would. Well this time he did and hit another toy. Then to top it off at the same time he had two scratched between his eyes from pulling his wooden puzzles down on him. So I called him my little UFC fighter!
Here's a picture of it. It really is hard to see, but it was his left eye. Needless to say he's resumed going down the slide on his belly.
To begin with a first, Bryce got his first black eye Monday the 3rd! He's become quite the dare devil and likes to test the limits. He was trying to slide down his slide on his feet, he'd creep to the edge and then sometimes he wouldn't fall then a few times he would. Well this time he did and hit another toy. Then to top it off at the same time he had two scratched between his eyes from pulling his wooden puzzles down on him. So I called him my little UFC fighter!
Here's a picture of it. It really is hard to see, but it was his left eye. Needless to say he's resumed going down the slide on his belly.
Dare devil is not the only word to describe this little boy, he's also a rebel. I guess the two kind of go hand in hand. He definitely pushes and sometimes exceeds the limits. He's started shaking his head no, sometimes in anticipation or maybe it's a confirmation or acknowledgement of "no". For example: He's pretty much killed all of my indoor live plants, and probably would kill the artificial ones if they were alive. So when he walks over to the artificial plants he turns to us and shakes his head no. Sometimes he still tries to pull the leaves off, sometime he does't.
He's started blowing kisses in his own unusual way. He puts his thumb in his mouth and pulls it out real fast so that it make the popping/smacking sound. I don't know why he started that because he can make the kissing sound, which he does mostly for the dogs, but I guess from watching us blow kisses that's what he thinks we're doing. I've tried to get a video of it, but he hasn't cooperated with me yet.
On New Year's day I noticed that his top molars are coming in. I was surprised since I expected him to get a few more teeth in the front first. He still only has his 2 top and 2 bottoms. I guess his body thinks he needs those molars a lot more than the others right now...and I would have to agree since this child LOVES to eat. I haven't been able to spot the bottoms but they very well could be hiding in there as well.
He's also began having coffee (decaf) in his sippy cup in the morning. He saw my Mom enjoying her coffee one morning and he wanted some. To our surprise he liked it and has come to expect it every morning he is at Granny's house.
Since Bryce began walking we have had a difficult time getting him to wear shoes. Everytime we'd put shoes on him, he'd act like he had blocks of cement on his feet and would not move. I had bought him a pair of tennis shoes a while back, then my Mom bought him some really cute Converses for Christmas, and then my Step-Mom gave us a pair of Squeakers. I really liked the Squeakers because they were lightweight and I thought he might like the sqeaking sound.
Finally after a few tries in the Squeakers, including one test run where he held on to anything he could while he first walked in them, he will not only wear the shoes without complaint but he will walk in any pair of shoes including the heavy (but adorable) Converses! He's even started bringing his shoes to me to put them on, along with his jacket or coat...and my coat!
I guess that's all for now, but before I publish this post I'm going to share a video. Since's Bryce's toy room is overflowing with toys we moved the Rocking Horse into our bedroom since he's still a little small for it. Well the other night he spotted it and of course wanted on it. He then showed us that he is not too small for it!


No comments:
Post a Comment