Sunday, November 21, 2010

Birthday Party

I don't know who is more exhausted Bryce or me! Today was Bryce's first birthday party! The cake turned out super cute, and we had many of our closest friends and family come.



The kids loved Bryce's presents from his Daddy and I, which were a playhut tunnel tent thing, homemade ball pit (with 600 balls I might add), and a Radio Flyer covered wagon. The ball pit was probably the biggest hit!






In addition to the gifts from Mommy and Daddy, Bryce received many great toys, PJ's, and some much needed clothes! I have found that at this age it is really difficult to buy clothes ahead. Last year I would have thought he'd be in the 12-18 months clothes, but NO we have a small child and he's just not fitting in the 12 months clothes. Hopefully he will fit into the 18 mos winter clothes we have before it gets warm again.





When it came time for the birthday cake, Bryce did not have a clue that he was supposed to blow the candle out. I guess we should have practiced that, instead he tried to burn his fingers.



Fortunately for him he had his cousin Kell and friend Tanner there to help him out.



He definitely enjoyed his cake, but I'm not so sure the cake enjoyed him because as he was falling asleep for his nap he woke up and vomitted, losing it, his lunch, and maybe even a little of his breakfast.




After cake and ice cream Bryce rinsed off in the bath tub and said goodbye to everyone, but not without giving all the small guests a super cute favor bag.


The favor bags had bubbles, monkey temporary tattoos, some candy and best of all these little monkeys.



It was great day, despite Bryce getting sick...I figured he would go to bed pretty easy, but of course that wasn't the case. We did FINALLY move his crib out of our bedroom and into his bedroom last night. However, getting him to stay in it all night is a work in progress.


1 comment:

  1. What an adorable cake-- and happy birthday Bryce! Looks like it was a great day. Niall would be jealous of that ball pit!

    ReplyDelete