Monday, August 16, 2010

Ch ch changes

We should have prepared better for the changes that are beginning this week...but we didn't.

First off I HAVE to share this photo I took this morning when I was taking things out to my car. You can't really tell in this picture but Bryce was smashing his face up against the glass looking at me. What's evening funnier about this photo is that it looks like Bryce is sticking his little finger out through the hole in the screen when actually he's not, his finger is hitting glass.

Tonight was my return to college. I'm so glad I took the spring semester off but I really didn't want to go back this semester. Oh well, the sooner I start back the sooner I'll finish. I'm anxious to be done once and for all.

Unfortunately I waited too long to enroll so the online courses I needed were all full, so I'm stuck with a Monday evening class and a Wednesday evening class. Fortunately the Wednesday evening class is a blended class, so I won't have to go to class EVERY Wednesday. If one of the online classes I wanted does open up, I still may go ahead and enroll in it.

So our first major change is that Nic is going to be picking Bryce up on the days at that I have class...provided he's not at the fire station. He's going to get to be the one who feeds Bryce his dinner, and will put Bryce to bed. Bryce really, really, really loves his Mommy and all the times we've had Nic do dinner and the bedtime routine have not gone over so well with our stubborn little son. He out right refuses to allow his Daddy to do these things. I know we should have shared in these activities to avoid this problem, but with Nic being gone one out of every three nights, we just kind of fell into the routine of me doing it all the time. Fortunately tonight Bryce was very good for his Daddy. Sadly part of me wanted to wake him up and snuggle with him. I missed him!


On the days that Nic is working, my Mom will pick him up (on Mondays) and keep him until I get done. My plan is to have her get him ready for bed so all I have to do when we get home is put him in his crib.  

Our next change is more like a finale. This week will be the end of our breastfeeding via pumping. I was able to go over 2 days without pumping this weekend, so I'm sure this week I will be able to completely stop. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling, a little sad but glad.

The best change though is the weather!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness I didn't ever thing I'd be so glad to see the 90's again. After a week's worth of 100+ degrees temperatures I sure am!

No comments:

Post a Comment