Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was Valentine's Day and we woke up to see that it was snowing...again! I am so ready for spring and summer.
Nic came home from work about 8:30am, and brought breakfast home along with a card and another box of Turtles. We then proceeded to give Bryce his Valentine's Day card and gifts. I think he made out like a bandit.




Here he is 'sitting' in front of his gift bag.



With his Teddy Bear.



Here's everything he got. By the giant smile on his face, I assume he liked his new toys.


Here's an extra that I thought was sweet because it looks like he is kissing the bear's paw.





Here is the card we got Bryce, I couldn't decide if it was a little girly with the red and all, but the baby looks like a little boy. The little heart the baby is holding actually comes off.



Here's my goodies from Nic. The card as usual was great.
"A Valentine for my Wife
I'm not the best at keeping house or fixing things just right..."

"I know that sometimes when I cook you lose your appetite."



"I'm not the best-dressed guy in town."



"I sometimes lose things too..."



"But, honey, I did something right the day I married you!"
Aww!!!! I know it's super sweet! I'm very lucky that I have such a wonderful husband.






We're not brave (or crazy) enough to go out to dinner on Valentine's Day so I opted to make one of Nic's favorite dishes: Chicken Parmesan. Our very first Valentine's Day in 2000, I tried to make this for the first time and burnt it. Thankfully over the years I have mastered it. However, I did forget the Ceasar salad, and I was even going to put mini shrimp on it. Oh well, I guess when you have a baby that wakes up just when you are about to eat and insists on being held, I get the right to forget something every now and then.





For dessert, I made Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes. Several years ago I attempted these and they were disastrous. I found a recipe on the Pioneer Woman's website, that looked pretty simple and had rave reviews. I know I should have done a practice run before but fortunately only one out of four of the cakes collapsed and I'll blame that on having Bryce in my left arm, and the others were perfect and yummy. I even made real whipped cream to go with them (even if it wasn't as fluffy as it should have been). Wow, I don't think I will ever be able to look at Cool Whip the same again!



I had intended to take a picture of the warm gooey center, but we both scarfed it down so fast that I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment