Thursday, June 04, 2009

Time flies by so fast...

My gosh, I've got so much to catch up on a share. First, I'll share some pictures from our vegetable garden. After barely using our pool last year, we took it out and I decided to use the one bare spot in our yard for a vegetable garden. I planted potatoes, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and jalapenos. Everything, besides the potatoes, are doing great. I think after 20+ straight days of rain most of my potatoes rotted. I spent several evenings last week hand tilling (with Nic's help) and pulling weeds. I noticed my peppers were starting to form and I thought they were so cute I couldn't resist taking a photo.
Here's a couple tiny jalapenos, it's amazing how much they have grown since I took this photo.


There's tiny bell pepper forming.


Of course I couldn't leave out one of the biggest parts of my garden, the tomatoes.



On Friday of last week I had a regular OB check up. At the time of this appointment I was 14 weeks 6 days. This time the nurse had no trouble hearing the strong heartbeat. She estimated it was about 160 bpm. I finally gained 3 pounds and the doctor teased me about still being able to wear my normal jeans. He said it will probably be my last time to wear them. I should have made a bet with him because I'm sure I can wear them for at least a few more weeks...I haven't even got to the point where I need a rubber band yet! Most of my clothes are still fitting well, I may have to unbutton the top button now and then, but I have purchased a couple pairs of pants so I have them when I need them.


Saturday we drove up to Miami for a friend's wedding. As most weddings are it was short and sweet. Then the reception was at the Buffalo Run Casino. We had thought about saving the money on a hotel room and instead staying at Mark & Becky's lake house on Grand. We decided against that because I figured I would be ready to go to bed way earlier than Nic.
So we stayed at the Buffalo Run Hotel right next to the casino and we were glad we did, because sure enough Nic, after winning back the money we spent, including dinner, he was not quite ready to go to bed. It was cute when he did walk me to our room, when I got in bed, he pulled back the covers and put his ear to my belly trying to hear the baby's heartbeat. Of course all he heard was my stomach gurgling.


Below are some pictures from the wedding reception.

This one is of Trisha and me. It had been a few months since we had seen she and Joey. So it was nice to catch up.



Here's Joey and my favorite little singing buddy, Adam. Adam was the ring bearer and he looked so handsome in his tuxedo. He kept saying that he wanted to keep the shoes.



The one photo of Nic and I together, I really intended on getting more while we were both dressed up.



Nic and Bryan, the father of the groom.



Nic dancing with Brad, the groom, during the money dance. Everyone got a kick out of it.
Jeff and I two-stepping. He twirled me around so much I was dizzy. Thank goodness, I had already slipped on my flip-flops, instead of my heels or it could have been disastrous.



Nic and Frankie, the mother of the groom, breaking it down.

On Sunday morning we left Miami and headed to Ft Gibson lake. We decided to sell our jet ski's since I would not be able to ride them for a couple years and we were to meet a couple who wanted to look at purchasing them. After Nic had his last hurrah on his, we pulled them up to the beach and soon the couple were there. They were happy with them and bought them on the spot.
After that some friends of ours were there and invited us to go out on their boat for a few hours. It was an awesome day. the water was fairly smooth and the sun was shining. The water temperature was still a little cold to my liking, but it was nice to jump in to cool off.
Our busy weekend continued when we left the lake. My dad and little brother Brian were coming up to Tulsa for a teen golf tournament at Mohawk. We had plans to eat dinner with them. After picking Fara up from my mom's, then taking her home, we met up with my dad around 5:30pm.
When we got there Melissa and Kell had just got there, Brian and his friends took off walking to Golf Galaxy and soon were in the Sam's Club parking lot. They insisted on eating at Golden Corral, and Nic pretty much refused, which I was happy with. So Nic, Melissa, Kell, Dad, and me all went and had dinner at Zio's


After dinner, we went back to their hotel and Kell and Brian played in the pool.



Dad and Kell. Kell was obsessed with the golf balls.



Nic had started to soften up to Kell and I think he really enjoys spending time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment