Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Okay, I’m lagging behind…


Our summer has rolled on since my last post and I have A LOT to share.


The weekend of June 5th we had another successful weekend of fishing at the lake. Once again Melissa, Kell and Amanda came up and we had a great day on the boat, catching fish and some sun.


Kell trying to open the live well, unfortunately this one wasn't a keeper.


Amanda's prize fish.



Kell was fighting his sleepiness.



Kell taking the wheel. Yep we were stopped at the gas pumps!


A keeper!


Melissa and Kell.


Kell's having a great time!


Nic reels one in, while Kell watches and hopefully is learning.



The next weekend at the lake, the weekend of June 12th we decided to take a break on fishing and just have a relaxing day on the lake. Melissa and her friends (Megan and Andy) came up. Nic’s uncle let us borrow his pontoon and we did a Poker Run while making some stops to float in the water along the way.


For the poker run we had to go to 5 marinas and get a sealed envelope that contained a playing card. We were not allowed to open the envelopes. The stops were Long Bay, Whitehorn, Taylor’s Ferry North, Paradise Cove and Sequoyah Bay. It began at noon and Nic had to be back at the Elk’s Lodge by 6pm that evening with his sealed envelopes. Unfortunately he only had a pair of 3’s.


Melissa and her friends were exhausted from the afternoon in the sun and decided to go home for the night. Nic and I were pretty exhausted ourselves however still managed to take an evening boat ride with another couple and Fara got to go along.


We had plans to spend some more time on the water Sunday, but the weather was NOT cooperating, so we waited out the rain and packed up.
Kell, Fara and me taking a quick trip on the four-wheeler.


Kell peeking out of the trailer.


And we're off.


Melissa and Megan


Andy & Me


My sports illustrated swim suit shot. LOL!


Group shot.


Swimming in Jane Dennis Cove.





Melissa taking a little nap,


So last week on June 16th, my impatience won out over my patience. I just could not wait until July 1st for my big ultrasound and I decided to get yet another ultrasound done. As much as I was pleased with the prospect of having a girl, I just couldn’t trust the declaration made by the other ultrasound tech that she was 95% sure it was a girl. I knew either way I would be happy, I just want a baby.


So I snuck in on Tuesday, even went to a different place without telling Nic. The first thing the U/S tech told me was that so far it had been a boy day. Sure enough there were little man parts!! “His” heart rate was 146 bmp and he was kicking and punching away.


Since Nic had really been hoping for a boy, I decided to get him a “new father” Father’s Day card and put the identifying shots in the card as his Father’s Day gift. After all he did get me a mother’s day card. I can’t keep secrets very well from him so I pretty much gave him the card as soon as I got home. When he saw it, he had the biggest smile. Now to decide on a name… unless they tell us July 1st it’s a girl again!


Baby giving me a good punch.


Another spine shot, it's amazing how much the little guy has grown.


Here's the shots of the boy parts.
The view from the bottom.



View from the side, you can't see the leg closest.


Nic had to work on Fathers’s day, so I went with my mom to my cousin Angela’s house to spend father’s day with my Grandpapy. For lunch we had chicken, salmon, mashed potatoes, and salad. For dessert we had strawberry shortcake and chocolate pie. For several weeks I have been feeling what I think are flutters of movement from the baby. However after eating the chocolate pie I know I felt the baby doing back flips! “He” must be like “his” daddy who LOVES chocolate pie! Since then every morning on the way to work I’ve been feeling the same type of movements. I can’t wait until Nic can feel the baby move.

No comments:

Post a Comment