So another Memorial Day has gone and passed. As it normally does there was some rain, however unlike years before it was not a complete washout. Nic went down to the lake on Thursday, and then Fara and I went down Friday evening after work. My friend Amanda was coming down for the night, so I waited on her so she could follow me down...or she would have gotten lost.
As soon as we got to Long Bay we immediately loaded up on Bryan and Frankie's pontoon and started fishing. Even Fara got to go. The sandbass were biting! We didn't keep count, but we caught a lot. There weren't too many keepers but I didn't care, I was happy just to have my hands smell like fish despite a couple wounds from the treble hooks on my right index finger.

After returning to our RVs after fishing, I had to make the hamburger patties, but I quickly found we had no Worcestershire sauce. Thank goodness for Morgan's Corner! Needless to say we didn't eat dinner until 9:30 or 10. Surprisingly I was not extremely hungry, nor tired. After dinner, our site became grand central station with just about everyone stopping by and visiting. So bed time came very late for us.
Saturday, the weather was nice but not quite warm enough for me to get in the water. I realized I completely forgot about getting a fishing license...once again thank goodness for Morgan's Corner. After a filling breakfast of biscuits and gravy, we headed out fishing again. The fish were biting just as well as they were the evening before.
Melissa and Kell showed up around 11 and we picked them up at the boat ramp. Kell enjoyed himself and wore his life jacket like a good boy. He would try to hold the fishing pole and reel it. He couldn't quite figure out the motion of the reel and I was afraid he'd drop the fishing pole in the lake. He was no help though if a fish grabbed the lure so I'd reel it in myself, get the fish off and show it to him and he would just squeal and laugh. Then when we'd toss a fish back in the lake, he would wave and say "Bye!"
Proof that Amanda was fishing, she said no one would believe her. 
Nic thinks he's a professional with his open-face reel.
Kell trying to reel.
Kell was excited about the fish I caught. 
I tried to get Kell to kiss the fish for good luck. He just squealed and laughed.

We returned back to our camp in afternoon, before the rain moved in. Fortunately it was just a quick shower. We enjoyed some watermelon. Shortly later everyone started showing up at our site. Kell played ball, took a four-wheeler ride, blew some bubbles, spent a little time in time-out, and kissed Fara.
We returned back to our camp in afternoon, before the rain moved in. Fortunately it was just a quick shower. We enjoyed some watermelon. Shortly later everyone started showing up at our site. Kell played ball, took a four-wheeler ride, blew some bubbles, spent a little time in time-out, and kissed Fara.
Looking like an expert camper.
What a stud!
Thumbs up!

Time-Out
Tickle, tickle
Aww, she does love him! She's even slipping him the tongue.
Saturday evening Amanda, Melissa and Kell all went home. We decided to make it an early night and go to bed around 9:30pm. The next morning Melissa and Kell came back and we squeezed in a couple more hours of fishing. Unfortunately we had to go home on Sunday because Nic worked on Monday.
Saturday evening Amanda, Melissa and Kell all went home. We decided to make it an early night and go to bed around 9:30pm. The next morning Melissa and Kell came back and we squeezed in a couple more hours of fishing. Unfortunately we had to go home on Sunday because Nic worked on Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment