I've seen many people start blogs and it doesn't look so bad. I see it as a way to share your life with more people in a fairly shorter time. There's a lot to catch up on so I imagine this first post will be rather long.
After being married for 6 years, we decided we were ready to have a baby. So I decided to quit taking my birth control in January expecting it would take some time, however by the end of February we were pregnant! Definitely sooner than I expected, but I am relieved we did not have to stress about it. It was meant to happen and it did. Our due date is November 21st.
Here is our first ultrasound on April 15th at 8 weeks 4 days. The heart rate was 171. My mom called it a little froggy.

Here is our second ultrasound done on May 5th at 11 weeks 3 days. It produced a few better pictures. The first the baby is looking right at us. The second the baby is facing away from us and we can see its spine. The last is a side view of an arm and hand. The heart rate on this visit was 162.
.jpg)
So I'm now 13 weeks and 3 days along, beginning the second trimester. Last week the morning sickness decided to take its leave and let me enjoy this pregnancy. Up until then it was extremely miserable. I'm still a little tired, but I'm finding that I have more energy when I get home in the evenings than what I've had. However, that big spurt of energy only lasts so long...
Nic brought the crib for the baby home yesterday. Today, I opened the large box and gently removed each piece while inspecting it for damage. Everything looked great and I think we will be very happy with it! Below is a stock photo of the crib.
It's a sleigh style crib that will convert to a toddler bed and to a full-size bed. I chose to go with the espresso color, it's a rich brown color. I can't wait to find out whether it's a boy or girl so we can get the bedding. I have a few picked out. Over the weekend we went to the lake for the first time this year. Unfortunately this year the Corps of Engineers are enforcing new rules that we may not leave our RV on a site for more than 30 out of 60 days. Therefore we have to pretty much move our RV back and forth from the storage to the site every couple weekends.
We've resolved to having this small inconvenience. However, we hope every time we set up our camper it will go a lot smoother than it did on Thursday. I think Nic was ready to kill me! First I put the leveling blocks on the wrong side. So we get them on the correct side. We get the trailer level in all directions. Nic unhooks the trailer from the truck only to find that the trailer isn't far enough forward for the awning to clear the tree. So we have to hook the trailer back up to the truck and in the process the trailer rolls back and the jack flips off the cinder block and lands on the soft ground well below the truck hitch. With some help from the stabilizer jacks we finally were able to get the trailer back on the truck hitch and pull it forward the 4 inches we needed for the awning to clear.
Besides that trouble, the rest of the long weekend was great. The weather for the most part cooperated and we finally ended our streak of 22 days of straight rain!!!
Here's some photos I took with my Blackberry, so please excuse the quality.
Fara and Nic cuddling on the couch.
Fara sitting at the dinette with me, she thinks she's a little person.


No comments:
Post a Comment