Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bryce's First Day of Pre-K

On August 13th my baby boy became a student and had his first day of Pre-K!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??!?


As we all know, this milestone is often harder on the parents than it is on the child! However, Bryce was so excited that we couldn't be anything but excited along with him. 




He absolutely loves school! There's total of 20 kids in his class and he knew a few of the kids from daycare, so I think it's helping this transition go quite smoothly. He does constantly ask when he gets to go to school all day, but that's not going to happen until Kindergarten. Since I only work a half-day on Fridays, I'm taking Bryce directly to school on those days instead of dropping him off at daycare first...I expected he'd let me walk him in to his class on those days but I've quickly been instructed by him to drop him off and let him walk in by himself! Seriously!?!
 
So now that we're a couple weeks into it, he's got the routine down and is constantly bringing home his work. Some of it seems to be pretty good, that I'm almost not convinced he did it by himself. He's also become familiar with their "ticket system" which advises the parents of when the child misbehaves. A week ago Bryce has his first "ticket pulled", thankfully it was green ticket, which isn't too bad but I was definitely alarmed when it had "Bryce hit his neighbor" written on the square for Thursday. It wasn't like Bryce to hit kids! So I asked Bryce what happened, prepared to dish out a punishment, and he said he was swinging his arms and accidentally hit a girl. I was definitely relieved that was all it was!

They had school pictures done also a week ago, and I'll share them as soon as I get them back. We had such a short notice on them that I had to call my sister on her day off to get his haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment