Saturday, August 16, 2014

9 months

Seriously, how is that we are more than 75% of the way to Blaire’s first birthday!! I just don’t want to accept it, especially with it being my last baby. I have less 3 more months to call her a baby! Eeek!!
And let me tell you, her 9th month of life was a big one!
First let's go over her stats. 
Yesterday, we made it in for her 9 month checkup, only 10 days after her official 9 month birthday. At this visit she weighed 21 lbs on the dot, is 27 1/2 inches long/tall, and her head, if I remember correctly, is 46.5 cm around which puts her over the 97%.

She does have an umbilical hernia, which I started noticing about a month ago. Right now it's soft, which the doctor said is a good thing and may not require any kind of attention. However, if it is still there after her first birthday we'll most likely be referred to a specialist about getting it removed. 
 
So other major happenings...
She moved out of the infant carrier into a convertible seat.

She went on her first family vacation, where we spent some time at the beach in Destin, Fl. There's a separate post for the trip, but overall she did really well considering it was a 14-hour drive one-way.
We had barely made it to the condo, and she officially started crawling on us! Of course pulling up came along with her new found mobile ability.

She still only has two teeth, but I can feel the nubs for her two top teeth so I'm guessing they'll be in within the next month or so. Here's a great shot of her two teeth, and one of the 20 pictures it took for me to catch the official 9 month picture at the beginning of the post. 


She's literally ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!


She's started eating more chopped up foods, rather than purees. I know it's easier on me during dinner time when she can feed herself. 

She's saying a couple words, ma ma ma ma, ba ba ba ba, and hi/hey. The hi/hey is usually accompanied by her waving too! She's trying to mimic things we do and will watch our mouths very closely and work her tongue to try to figure out how to match the sound we're making.

She's still sleeping great! I'm gradually getting her to where she'll sleep closer to 6 or sometimes she'll sleep a little after 6am. She's going to sleep around 7:30pm still, sometimes earlier and sometimes later. 

Of course Mama is still her favorite person and she loves to crawl up in my lap anytime she pleases.

So there she is...Miss Ameri----wait! She's just my 9 month old blue eyed beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment