Sunday, September 22, 2013

Baby Update

It's been a while since my last baby update...

At this point I'm 33 weeks! Since the repeat c-section has been scheduled for November 5th, I can confidently say we have no more than 45 days before we meet our little girl. Of course this assumes I don't go into labor before then...which I really hope doesn't happen. 

At my most recent doctor's appointment, I had gained 7 lbs, my blood pressure was awesome (even lower than it has been), and baby's heart rate per minute was 135.

Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago I caught a stomach bug that had me vomiting for 8 hours and needless to say I ended up in Labor and Delivery to get IV fluids. Since then everything has been normal. Exhaustion has returned and I can count on having acid reflux nearly every day. She's still sitting very high and really likes my ribs. I feel her have the hiccups almost every day.

We had a 3D/4D ultrasound in August and confirmed this little baby is indeed a little girl, and we also got to have a good look at her face and feet. 

Cute profile shot.

We think it's quite possible she's going to look like her brother.

I find it funny that I have a very similar shot from Bryce's 3D/4D ultrasound as the one below. 



Anyone that knows me well, knows I can be a Martha Stewart from time to time. So I took it upon myself (with a bit of help from Nic) to give our glider rocker a makeover. Since we decided to convert Bryce back to a crib and just bought him new furniture (that will last a good long while), I felt the least we could do is have everything in Baby Girl's room match. After looking around at my options, I decided my best bet was to just make new cushions. Then Nic said as soon as I had that done, he would paint the rocker to match the crib furniture.

So here is the before...


And the after!




Another project I have taken on was to make my own burp clothes. I'm not a huge fan of pink, so I've had a hard time finding girly burp cloths in something other than pinks. Then I also like cute prints such as Chevron.  So I decided I would just make my own. I ordered some thick cloth diapers from Amazon, because I didn't like the Gerber Birdseye ones that are found in the stores. Then I sewed strips of cute fabric on them. To change it up a little, I also bought some terry fabric and have sewn it to fabric as well. I think this may be something I will do as future shower presents, because we all know how you can never have too many burp cloths. 



I've gotten nearly everything ready in the nursery, I just have to get it organized and placed how I want. Of course I have chosen some letters on Etsy to be used...but we need to decide on her name.




No comments:

Post a Comment