Well since
my broadband modem decided to finally quit on us last week, my Mother’s Day
post is just a little late. Regardless I hope all mothers, to-be, new,
seasoned, young, and old, had a FABULOUS Mother’s Day!
Friday we
went down to the lake and fished a little bit. Bryce caught one bass on Friday.
Of course I wasn’t there yet to catch a better picture so you’ll just have to
settle for the crappy picture taken by Nic’s phone.
… and Nic
caught one crappie on Saturday.
Needless to
say it was an extremely productive weekend! They boys did give me a gift
certificate for a massage, mani and pedi…I just hope I can remember (and find
the time) to use it sometime soon!
On Sunday
Nic was on duty (as usual, it seems!), so Bryce and I spent the majority of the
day with my Mom, Aunts, and Grandma. It’s a little exciting to think that I
just spent my last mother’s day as a mother of an only child…
~02/25/2012~
I took my last birth control pill on Jan 3rd. Yep, we're trying for #2...finally!
And I will never take another birth control pill again! Okay, maybe I should take the mini pill again while I breastfeed our next child, but after that we'll opt for a permanent birth control.
So in an effort to figure out my cycle, I've attempted BBT charting...which as you can see below hasn't gone well.
I don't think I'm a good candidate for this charting stuff! From what I've read in order for to get an accurate temperature you need to have 3 solid hours of sleep before you wake up in the morning. With me...that doesn't happen! I sleep hard right when I fall asleep, but then I start waking up around 2 or 3, and doze on and off until my alarm goes off. I tried to do this when we were trying to get pregnant the first time, but after running a fever of 101+ for a couple days then becoming pregnant soon...it never panned out.
So according to a positive OPK I should have ovulated right after Valentine's Day. The chart somewhat supports that besides the temps not staying elevated like they should. However, for the past couple days my temps have appeared to sustain a shift and have stayed near or above 98 degrees. Then today I had what appeared to be implantation spotting...and of course my boobs have been tingly and REALLY sore. So the impatient me went ahead and took a First Response HPT...and it showed a VERY VERY faint line...so it seems I definitely could be pregnant.
Can you see the line? (~10 dpo)
~03/02/2013~
So my temps have stayed high and I've taken two more pregnancy tests. One Wednesday morning with this result. (~12 dpo)
Then another Thursday evening (~14 dpo)
So the test line has gotten darker and darker! And just like that WE'RE PREGNANT...and it was just as easy as the first time. I'm still in disbelief and it won't really set in until we hear the heartbeat or see an ultrasound, which is still several weeks out. Even then it might not seem real.
Of course most of you won't know until we return from our trip to Cozumel at which point I will be 12 weeks along.
So far my boobs have been insanely sore! I feel like I have a couple of bowling balls hanging off my chest! I don't remember them hurting this bad the first time. Then I'm exhausted...already...which started last Saturday when I took a short nap for the first time in a VERY long time. I started taking prenatal pills when I first stopped taking the pill and since my first bottle was almost out I did a little research, including a spreadsheet analysis (I'm an accounting nerd what can I say?) and I decided on getting the GNC Prenatal Formula with DHA, plus an iron supplement. Since the prenatal pill I took with Bryce contained 29 mg of iron and I was still anemic, I figured 36 mg total would be better than the base 18 mg in the GNC vitamin. So only 8 weeks until the second trimester.
~03/04/2013~
New symptom - chest acne!!! Ugh! I believe I even have some acne on my scalp! I know when I was pregnant with Bryce my face became so oily and would break out periodically. I guess since then I never stopped using an acne face wash, and it seems to be keeping my face under control. Looks like I'll need to be using it on my chest too!
~03/23/2013~
So I'll be seven weeks tomorrow. In the past week and a half morning sickness has set in with a vengeance! I remember with Bryce it lasted most of the day, but I feel sick nearly every hour of the day with this one. Also I don't believe it was as intense either! It's taking everything I can to get through the busy time at work. So I'll be seven weeks tomorrow...the next 6 weeks are going to be loooooonnngg!
So I'll be seven weeks tomorrow. In the past week and a half morning sickness has set in with a vengeance! I remember with Bryce it lasted most of the day, but I feel sick nearly every hour of the day with this one. Also I don't believe it was as intense either! It's taking everything I can to get through the busy time at work. So I'll be seven weeks tomorrow...the next 6 weeks are going to be loooooonnngg!
~April 4th~
8w 5d
Today was our first prenatal doctor’s appointment, which of course was BORING! It was pretty much just like a normal annual preventative care visit, but with a lot more questions. They didn’t attempt to hear the heartbeat, which I was okay with me since it was still early and would just make me worry if they couldn’t hear it. Plus Nic wasn’t able to be there, and I wouldn’t have felt right if I got to hear it and he didn’t.
He did confirm we’ll definitely do a repeat CS, and that it won’t be done before 39 weeks…which is just fine with me. I asked if they would let me go longer than that and he said they would let me go past my due date if I wanted and if I didn’t go into labor before then. I don’t really want to go past my due date but I’m thinking November 6th, 7th, or 8th. I told him I wanted to try to get it where I could have the kids’ birthday parties together…he laughed at me and said that wasn’t going to be fair! LOL!
Otherwise had 5 or 6 vials of blood drawn. There were 3 phlebotomists (I think that’s what they’re called) in the room, one lady comes up to me and says “ Hi my name is ___. I’m a student, is it okay if I draw your blood?” I asked in reply “Are you good at it?” The others laughed, but I don’t think she thought it was very funny! Oh well she did the draw anyways without answering my question. Thankfully it only took her one try to hit the vein.
I have an ultrasound next Friday at 1:30 to confirm the due date and make sure there’s only one in there. I’m sure we’ll hear the heartbeat then too!
~April 10th~
9w 3d
I had my first dream about the baby last night. Of course the dream made little sense and I’m not exactly sure if the baby was shown to be a boy or a girl. For some reason I’m thinking it was a boy but I don’t know if that’s just me thinking that in my consciousness or if that thought actually occurred in my dream. The really crazy part of it was that the baby was at work with me and was being kept in one of my drawers (open of course!). We all know how those pregnancy dreams can be! Then on another wave of dreams, I dreamt about trains, baby chicks, and miniature camels!
In other pregnancy related news, I’m still feeling nauseous most of the time, but it’s started to come in waves where I’ll have a couple of days where it’s not too bad but then I’ll get one day where it kicks my butt! I’m not feeling as exhausted and am finding I have small (albeit very small) bursts of energy where I want to do housework. I definitely have a little bump, but of course it still is hidden with clothes, though many of my pants are already uncomfortably tight. Thankfully I haven’t had any weight gain yet…at least according to my scale.
Aside from the fact that I am having major aversions to most food, I’ve had a couple of cravings. Which of course once I have the food I’m craving, I’m over it and then it becomes an aversion. For a couple of weeks I wanted a nice cold glass of milk every morning! Then also later in the morning I’d want a V8. So far this week though I haven’t craved those two items. Friday I wanted Chili’s Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers and Artichoke & Spinach Dip…so I picked it up on my way to pick Bryce up Friday afternoon. I ate until I felt full, which didn’t take much, and never touched my leftovers because it never sounded good again. One thing that always sounds good to me though is a salad. When all else fails, I can always be happy with a salad. One craving that I have not indulge in is seafood! I want a nice bundle of crab legs and a lobster tail (or two)! I’m waiting on the lobster until we go to Mexico, but maybe one day I’ll make it by the White River Fish Market to pick up some nice plump crab legs to cook.
~April 16th~
10w 2d
On Friday we had our first ultrasound. We hadn’t planned on taking Bryce with us, but since our sitters were unavailable we took him. Up to this point we hadn’t exactly told him I was pregnant. As we were walking in to the imaging center Bryce asked why Mommy was going to the doctor. We told him it was to see if there was a baby in Mommy’s belly! Of course I was a bit nervous that everything wouldn’t turn out alright, but fortunately we saw ONE little baby in there with a strong heartbeat (168 bpm)! I was a little disappointed to not get to hear the heartbeat, but I definitely saw the flicker of the heart and that was enough reassurance for me.
The baby measured 3 days ahead, which would put it at 10w 1d, however based on my LMP it is 9w 5d. I think it’s funny how Bryce also measured 3 days ahead too! I’m not sure if the doctor will move my due date up or not...I’m hoping he doesn’t but since I’m having a repeat c-section I guess it really doesn’t matter. I just hope I can keep that baby in there as long as I want to, but considering my Mom had both my sister, Melissa and I late I’m assuming I’ll have no problems!
During the ultrasound Bryce didn’t really get much out of seeing the baby on the screen as it still looks like a little peanut and doesn’t move much at this point. Once we received the printout I was able to point out where the baby was and I think it became just a little bit more real for him. I also explained to him that the baby was about the size of his thumb and has to grow in Mommy’s belly for a while. Then of course he asked did we build a baby, how did we build it, and how did it get in Mommy’s belly? I just told him a seed was planted in Mommy’s belly…which is the semi-truth! Of course he’s set on a baby brother! Also at some point along the way home he asked what we were going to name his baby brother? I told him I didn’t know yet since we didn’t know if it was going to be a brother or a sister, but that we had plenty of time to decide that. I then made the mistake of asking him what he wanted to name the baby…his reply was that he wanted to name his baby brother “Butchie”! OMG!
Here's the best image we got...
Otherwise I’m still getting a little morning sickness here and there…yesterday was especially bad. I hope it lets up before we go to Mexico next week.
So here we are on May 16th!
We had our second doctor's appointment on May 2nd, where we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The heartrate was 154 bpm. I'm about 15 weeks along and FINALLY the morning sickness is letting up! Naturally, heartburn has continued and I expect it will continue until this baby is born.
8w 5d
Today was our first prenatal doctor’s appointment, which of course was BORING! It was pretty much just like a normal annual preventative care visit, but with a lot more questions. They didn’t attempt to hear the heartbeat, which I was okay with me since it was still early and would just make me worry if they couldn’t hear it. Plus Nic wasn’t able to be there, and I wouldn’t have felt right if I got to hear it and he didn’t.
He did confirm we’ll definitely do a repeat CS, and that it won’t be done before 39 weeks…which is just fine with me. I asked if they would let me go longer than that and he said they would let me go past my due date if I wanted and if I didn’t go into labor before then. I don’t really want to go past my due date but I’m thinking November 6th, 7th, or 8th. I told him I wanted to try to get it where I could have the kids’ birthday parties together…he laughed at me and said that wasn’t going to be fair! LOL!
Otherwise had 5 or 6 vials of blood drawn. There were 3 phlebotomists (I think that’s what they’re called) in the room, one lady comes up to me and says “ Hi my name is ___. I’m a student, is it okay if I draw your blood?” I asked in reply “Are you good at it?” The others laughed, but I don’t think she thought it was very funny! Oh well she did the draw anyways without answering my question. Thankfully it only took her one try to hit the vein.
I have an ultrasound next Friday at 1:30 to confirm the due date and make sure there’s only one in there. I’m sure we’ll hear the heartbeat then too!
~April 10th~
9w 3d
I had my first dream about the baby last night. Of course the dream made little sense and I’m not exactly sure if the baby was shown to be a boy or a girl. For some reason I’m thinking it was a boy but I don’t know if that’s just me thinking that in my consciousness or if that thought actually occurred in my dream. The really crazy part of it was that the baby was at work with me and was being kept in one of my drawers (open of course!). We all know how those pregnancy dreams can be! Then on another wave of dreams, I dreamt about trains, baby chicks, and miniature camels!
In other pregnancy related news, I’m still feeling nauseous most of the time, but it’s started to come in waves where I’ll have a couple of days where it’s not too bad but then I’ll get one day where it kicks my butt! I’m not feeling as exhausted and am finding I have small (albeit very small) bursts of energy where I want to do housework. I definitely have a little bump, but of course it still is hidden with clothes, though many of my pants are already uncomfortably tight. Thankfully I haven’t had any weight gain yet…at least according to my scale.
Aside from the fact that I am having major aversions to most food, I’ve had a couple of cravings. Which of course once I have the food I’m craving, I’m over it and then it becomes an aversion. For a couple of weeks I wanted a nice cold glass of milk every morning! Then also later in the morning I’d want a V8. So far this week though I haven’t craved those two items. Friday I wanted Chili’s Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers and Artichoke & Spinach Dip…so I picked it up on my way to pick Bryce up Friday afternoon. I ate until I felt full, which didn’t take much, and never touched my leftovers because it never sounded good again. One thing that always sounds good to me though is a salad. When all else fails, I can always be happy with a salad. One craving that I have not indulge in is seafood! I want a nice bundle of crab legs and a lobster tail (or two)! I’m waiting on the lobster until we go to Mexico, but maybe one day I’ll make it by the White River Fish Market to pick up some nice plump crab legs to cook.
~April 16th~
10w 2d
On Friday we had our first ultrasound. We hadn’t planned on taking Bryce with us, but since our sitters were unavailable we took him. Up to this point we hadn’t exactly told him I was pregnant. As we were walking in to the imaging center Bryce asked why Mommy was going to the doctor. We told him it was to see if there was a baby in Mommy’s belly! Of course I was a bit nervous that everything wouldn’t turn out alright, but fortunately we saw ONE little baby in there with a strong heartbeat (168 bpm)! I was a little disappointed to not get to hear the heartbeat, but I definitely saw the flicker of the heart and that was enough reassurance for me.
The baby measured 3 days ahead, which would put it at 10w 1d, however based on my LMP it is 9w 5d. I think it’s funny how Bryce also measured 3 days ahead too! I’m not sure if the doctor will move my due date up or not...I’m hoping he doesn’t but since I’m having a repeat c-section I guess it really doesn’t matter. I just hope I can keep that baby in there as long as I want to, but considering my Mom had both my sister, Melissa and I late I’m assuming I’ll have no problems!
During the ultrasound Bryce didn’t really get much out of seeing the baby on the screen as it still looks like a little peanut and doesn’t move much at this point. Once we received the printout I was able to point out where the baby was and I think it became just a little bit more real for him. I also explained to him that the baby was about the size of his thumb and has to grow in Mommy’s belly for a while. Then of course he asked did we build a baby, how did we build it, and how did it get in Mommy’s belly? I just told him a seed was planted in Mommy’s belly…which is the semi-truth! Of course he’s set on a baby brother! Also at some point along the way home he asked what we were going to name his baby brother? I told him I didn’t know yet since we didn’t know if it was going to be a brother or a sister, but that we had plenty of time to decide that. I then made the mistake of asking him what he wanted to name the baby…his reply was that he wanted to name his baby brother “Butchie”! OMG!
Here's the best image we got...
Otherwise I’m still getting a little morning sickness here and there…yesterday was especially bad. I hope it lets up before we go to Mexico next week.
So here we are on May 16th!
We had our second doctor's appointment on May 2nd, where we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. The heartrate was 154 bpm. I'm about 15 weeks along and FINALLY the morning sickness is letting up! Naturally, heartburn has continued and I expect it will continue until this baby is born.










No comments:
Post a Comment