Saturday, February 25, 2012

Catching Up

Yea, yea...the USUAL!
  
Any free time I get goes to these guys!


So I thought while I have a moment before I go to a seminar class (so that I can get my one hour upper level elective course out of the way) that I might try to do some catching up, well at least start the post and probably finish later. I apologize in advance that this post probably won't flow real well.

Bryce is definitely fitting the stereotype of the terrible two's, though he's still not quite "terrible". I will admit we're having a difficult time finding the best form of discipline for him, nothing seems to work! AND I won't even get into the battle of getting him to sleep in his own bed...again.



Then we're having another bath battle. Once again he is hating his baths...apparently he doesn't like the water getting in his eyes. We have tried everything to keep water from getting in his eyes but usually he will fight us and end up getting it in his eyes anyways. So I've just given up trying not to get it in his eyes and hope he'll just learn to deal with it...soon!

We usually give him a bath every other day, and for the past month he cries the entire time! Sometimes as soon as he comes home he wants in his" jammies", because he thinks once he's in his "jammies" he's safe from taking a bath. I guess that could be why most of our recent pictures he is in his "jammies".

Then he's learned the phrase "Don't want to!" and he sure uses it a lot.

"Bryce, pick up your toys!"
"Don't want to!"

"Bryce, eat your dinner!"
"Don't want to!"

"Bryce, let's brush your teeth."
"Don't want to!"

As for eating he's definitely in that stage where he's too busy to eat. However, when I do get him to sit still long enough to eat, he will eat just about anything...even asparagus...but still no mashed potatoes!

 

Now he's started telling me that HE is the boss! I haven't figured out where he's getting that from! 

Right now he's at the fun (and frightening) stage where you don't know what he's going to say next...he definitely keeps us constantly laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment