Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy birthday yesterday to my little guy!

So yes, my little guy had his second birthday yesterday. Along with his second birthday, this week he graduated from the crib and we converted it into the toddler bed. I planned on doing this on his actual birthday, but after he climbed out of his crib two mornings in a row, then the next night climbed out of it in the middle of the night I felt we could not wait any longer.

Such a proud boy!

Since Daddy worked yesterday on Bryce's actual birthday we had his party today. However, Bryce and I still partook in a little bit of birthday celebrating. 

We started the morning with some crafts. You'll have to ignore the knot and bruise on his head, he got that while he was over at his Aunt's house this week. He just couldn't have this birthday with out a bruise on his head. Thank goodness we have already taken his two year old pictures.


We went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and had our nap, then we got to have a little bit of birthday cake!


Blowing out the candles!



 Of course what's a birthday without a present!



So the big party was today! Some of our friends and family made it to celebrate with us. We decided to do a fire truck theme since Bryce is obsessed with the woo woo's! Reasor's made the cake, but I made the cupcakes!

Despite the high temperature today only making it in the 40's (after  being 76 degrees yesterday), the kids still chose to play outside. Since they were outside anyways, Nic decided to blow up the little used bounce house we bought for $25!

The ball pit continues to be a big hit!

Cake time!

 Getting ready to blow the candle out!

 Success! He's so proud of himself!

He discovered the balloons and popped a few too!

 The presents!

 

He kept saying how cute the clothes were! I wonder where he gets that from!

Oh how he loves Hotwheels!

Tonka truck!

A guitar!


Wow, how different was his party this year compared to last year. He was such a big boy and so independent! He is officially no longer  a baby, but indeed a toddler! However, he will always be Mommy's baby!
I have to admit...I couldn't resist photoshopping that big ugly bruise off of his head for this picture...or at least fading it some.

The end of an exhausting, but great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment