Saturday, July 19, 2014

8 months

On the  Saturday after Independence day, our baby girl became 8 months old. Of course, I couldn't pick just one picture. Since she's trying to become more mobile, it's getting more and more difficult to get good pictures of her!






At 8 months she weighs 19 lbs 13 oz. She’s officially grown out of the 9 month sleep ‘n plays. She can still wear some 9 month tops, but is just about too long for the one piece romper outfits in that size and her booty and thighs are too big for the 9 month bottoms. Overall, I would say she’s mostly wearing 12 month clothes.
We have found that she is somewhat sensitive to prunes and peaches; every time she eats them she breaks out in a rash on her face and sometimes even her bottom. As a result, we’ve decided to omit these items from her diet for the time being. She’s struggling with constipation, which it doesn’t help that we can’t give her prune juice to help things along, so I’ve been very selective on the foods she gets. For the most part we avoid bananas, and I haven’t even introduced carrots yet because I know they are not easy to digest. Also miralax has been our friend, though even that doesn’t seem to help much. If things don’t improve by her 9 month appointment, this is definitely something I will be discussing with the pediatrician.

She’s started making new sounds, but no distinguishable words have been heard. She’s not crawling yet, but she can turn herself in circles and scoot herself backwards.



Here are some other random pictures of her that were taken during the month.

Hanging out on the Lily Pad

Swimming in the pool

Visiting Great Grandma, and not too happy about it! LOL!

I think I'm having a little deja vu! I have a nearly identical picture of Bryce!

Beep, beep!

I'm a swan!

Just plain cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment