At five months, little Miss Blaire is weighing in at 16 lbs 13 oz! So, she's not so little after all! She's still able to wear 6 month tops, onesies and sleep n' plays, however in the pants I've had to move her to the 9 months or 6-12 months size (depending on the brand) because her legs are so fat! She's still in size 2 diapers but I think I've purchased all of those size of diapers as I need since they appear to be getting small on her quickly.
And this sums up her current obsession, grabbing anything she can to get in her mouth!
Funny story about her size...yesterday I took her and Bryce to get some Easter pictures taken. The photographer, who's been photographing newborns and children for probably 20 years, so I would say she probably has a pretty good eye for determining babies ages. So she asked me if she was 8 or 9 months old?!? She was quite surprised when I told her that she was only 5 months...which probably explained why she wasn't able to sit up on her own in the pictures!
Since all the sickness has passed we started spending more time playing, including tummy time. On March 7th,
Blaire quickly showed me she was more than capable
of rolling from her tummy to her back…she just hadn’t been able to show
us before since she was sick ;).
We've been working on sitting up on her own. She'll do it for a few seconds, but she would much prefer working on standing up. She loves to stand up!
She’s spent some more time in her bumbo and she likes being able to see the happenings of the household.
We've been working on sitting up on her own. She'll do it for a few seconds, but she would much prefer working on standing up. She loves to stand up!
She’s spent some more time in her bumbo and she likes being able to see the happenings of the household.
She also
is getting familiar with the walker and jumperoo...and tolerating brother decorating her with stickers.
She also gets to go outside when the weather is nice and soak up some
sunshine from the stroller.
She spent her first night at the lake on March 29th.
She had her first visit to the bowling alley! Somehow she slept through most of it!
She had her first visit to the bowling alley! Somehow she slept through most of it!
We also went shopping at the mall, which is probably a once or twice a year visit for me...I much prefer online shopping!
Getting ready for bedtime!
Speaking of bedtime...she started sleeping in her crib on March 12th. A normal night of sleep for her is transitioning to be from 7:30pm to 3:30am or 4:00am…which
we’ve worked hard
to get back after a bit of regression occurring during February and
early March. So she’s sleeping a solid 8 hours! Which is pretty
fantastic for this Momma! Now if only I could get to bed earlier than 9:30 or 10…hopefully that is in my near future with the
imminent retirement of my Medela PISA. ; )
She’s
slobbering and drooling like crazy, and is chapping her cheeks and
hands from chewing on them so much. I know we all want to assume it’s
teething but I’m not sure that’s
the case. I guess we’ll know if it was if we start seeing those pearly
whites poke through.
She’s
also become OBSESSED with blowing raspberries. Bryce, of course, thinks
it’s the funniest thing! I don’t remember Bryce doing this, but
apparently this is a big milestone
in speech development.
We haven't started solids yet, and I really don't feel she's interested or quite ready. I could be wrong, but I'm going to try to wait it out a few more week until she's 6 months. We'll see!
We haven't started solids yet, and I really don't feel she's interested or quite ready. I could be wrong, but I'm going to try to wait it out a few more week until she's 6 months. We'll see!
Until next time...



No comments:
Post a Comment