Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The truth...

I.AM.A.TERRIBLE.BLOGGER!!!!!


Unfortunately blogging has taken a back seat so that I can be an excellent mother, wife, friend, employee, and student! BUT I'm going to continue to try to keep up, even if it's just once a month. I thought I would get a chance to catch up during my extremely short two week break from school but that flew by faster than Bryce can eat a candy bar!



So... since my last post I spent my first full weekend away from Bryce...we obviously both survived. Nic and I had a three day weekend away staying with some fabulous friends in a cabin near Broken Bow Lake. The lake was gorgeous and incredibly clear compared to the lakes we are accustomed to. Also several of us spent one of the days kayaking down the Mountain Fork River. The water was a cool 50 degrees since it comes off the bottom of the lake, but it felt great! It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to do it again! 

The Texas Two-Step Cabin


Relaxing on the water.


 
I missed my baby boy something terrible and I now know I'm not quite ready for Nic and I to take a 4 night getaway to Mexico. So if I somehow manage to squeeze a trip in, you can count on us buying that third plane ticket.



It's been a LONG HOT SUMMER, which happens to be the title of one of the new songs by Keith Urban on my playlist these days. Okay, but it really has been REALLY hot, actually it has been brutally hot, even for an Oklahoma summer. We have broken many record highs with highs making it well above 110 degrees! I was out and about the other day and my car was parked for 30 minutes, when I got back in it my thermometer said it was 138 degrees, of course that wasn't the actual air temperature, but still I didn't think it would read that high. Of course I took a picture...you'll have to ignore the dust. Not too long ago, it seems, my thermometer said -17 degrees. 

Regardless of the excessive heat we have spent a lot of time outside, usually playing in the water somewhere.  Bryce has even became a pro at wearing his life jacket and floating in the deep water! Unfortunately I haven't caught any great pictures of this accomplishment yet, so I'll just share a couple from the backyard. 






Back on the topic of Keith Urban I actually just saw him a couple weeks back in concert for the 4th time. He was awesome (as always) and I believe I may have recruited a new fan...my sister! We had awesome seats and sang along with every song. 


It's Amanda, Keith and me!

Over the past month Bryce's vocabulary has vastly expanded and so far no bad words...unless you count boobies as one! He's forming some short sentences (that we can actually understand) like "Where's Fara?" (which Fara is the dog) and "Dude, Go!". At 21 months he's already a back seat driver!

His answer to every question is "No" so we have to watch his body language and sometimes the direction he's nodding his head to know if he really means no or yes. Also over the weekend he has quit calling Daddy "Daddy" and instead calls him by his name, Nic. Since I still refer to Nic as Daddy I'm sure in no time he will revert to calling him Daddy again.  He's also learned to overuse "Please" and "Pretty Please". He even will tilt his head a little to add a little charm to it.

He's showing a few signs of possibly being ready for potty training. He will tell us when he does something, but I have yet to get him to sit on his potty and do it. I'm not going to rush it or stress about it, I'm going to try to just let it happen...as long as it happens by the end of next summer. See I'm setting some realistic goals!

I'll end with one last fun picture. Bryce decided he wanted to ride in the basket of his stroller, then when I got the camera out to take a picture he wanted the camera. Thank goodness I have two cameras!



1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love those pictures of him with the hose!! And the glasses cracked me up!!

    Sounds like he's doing awesome and I think you should shoot for two updates in September :o)

    ReplyDelete