So today is our 34 week mark, which means we have 6 weeks til the due date! I think both of us are getting very excited and anxious!
Nic and I attended a Child Birth class all day long last Saturday. He wasn't too crazy about going, but as usual he was a good sport about it and participated very well. We did learn a few techniques that should help during labor (I liked the massage and also the distraction technique helped) and a few that probably won't help (distractions that involve Nic singing). I'm definitely more educated now than I was about child birth and I feel that I am mentally prepared to go through childbirth.
This past Thursday was my 33 week doctor check-up. My weight gain to that date is 17.4 lbs. My fundal height measurement was 32cm. The baby's heartrate was around 150 bpm. My blood pressure was 109/75. All good!
Due to Nic's job and being a First Responder, he has a greater potential to be exposed to the H1N1 flu, so the health department has set aside some of the first vaccines they've received in Tulsa County for the Fire Department. Nic had some doubts about getting it because it is the nasal vaccine and does contain a weakened live virus, however after discussing it with my Doctor and determining by him getting the vaccine doesn't pose a risk to me, he's decided to go ahead and get it. So that's one less avenue for this nasty flu to get to me, otherwise I'm washing my hands religiously and using anti-bacterial gel and just normal common sense.
I've continued to take my weekly belly pictures for my belly book. So I thought I would do a side-by-side up date. The 4 photos below are at 8 weeks, 18 weeks, 28 weeks, and 33 weeks. The 33 weeks photo was taken on Thursday.

I have tried to get a little video of the baby moving my belly, however I haven't had much luck yet. I will keep trying and if I'm successfull I will definitely post.
The weather has become very cool during the past week. We have had several days of rain and cloudy weather. Today is the first day I've seen the sun in a few days, so as planned I'm going to the Tulsa State Fair with Melissa, Audrey and Kell. I have my heart set on Apple Fries with carmel and whipped cream. Otherwise we were there on Wednesday with my boss and his family, so I was able to get my fill of other fair foods. Oh I'll probably get a cinnamon roll today too, eventhough they are no where near as good as my Grandma Kell's. Oh and maybe a chocolate dipped cheesecake...we'll see how it goes!

No comments:
Post a Comment